Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bait N' Switch

The distant crashing of ocean waves accents crickets chirping in the lawn, and the occasional croak of a nearby frog; tonight's version of nature's orchestra. We lounge in the over-sized reading chaise; he, with his iPad, me, busy with the keyboard on my new Duo.

Encircling me with his arm, he looks over my shoulder. "You're over-thinking it."

I sigh. "I know, but I can't let it go."

"Maybe you need a diversion."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Oh, a couple of things." Placing his iPad on the chair-side table, he kisses my ear, my cheek.

I put my laptop aside. I can always over-think it tomorrow...

Beautifully idyllic, and entirely fabricated. :-D

But it's far more interesting than what really happened: I simply decided to stop berating myself, and instead, be heartened by the spirit of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Luv the feedback!