Thursday, September 13, 2012

Which Me Shall It Be?

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. True - but which words? In the case of my sepia flower, the thousand words distills down to exactly two: Cathryn Louis. As my profile avatar, it is on just about every site I've joined. Because I've been involved in social media and portions of the online writing community for just about three years, it has become my brand.

On the other hand, common wisdom insists that readers are more comfortable when there's a picture of the author. Even so, I can't recall ever choosing - or laying aside - a book (print or electronic) because of the author's picture.

For me, including a picture is not a problem. Currently, there are several on my Facebook page from which I will choose. But what about my flower? Cathryn Louis, the author, is easily recognizable because of it. I truly believe that doing away with it is a mistake.

After much thrashing of my brain cells, I finally figured out that I don't have to choose. I'll keep the sepia flower as my profile avatar, and use my picture on my website and novels. Win-win! Love it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Luv the feedback!