Thursday, July 19, 2012

Yellow and Curtains to Welching

Follow the yellow brick road! Hopefully, I'll fare better than the travelers who took the original one to Oz. As long as I avoid the poppy fields, it's a win. The only question is whether there will be an audience beyond the curtain.

Publishing statistics indicate that the most likely scenario is to pull back the curtain and find an empty auditorium. Audiences for fiction prefer to peek through the doors and sample the performance before taking a seat. With the thousands of available performances, the likelihood of any one attracting a packed house is small indeed - but it is possible. And I've committed.

Maybe I should be committed, but that's beside the point. What I mean is that I've committed myself to the road that I'm on and I'm honor-bound to see it through. Of course I can always change my mind, but then I'd be a welcher. Not a good habit to get into.

All I have to do is stay on plan. I've already stopped allowing every shiny object to distract me, but what I didn't expect was having to give up good stuff. There are loads of easily available, helpful and informative sources from which I know I can learn. Now, I have to limit myself to only those that take me further down the road I've chosen. The others will have to wait. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Luv the feedback!