Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All A Twitter

Do you tweet? Do you follow or are you followed?

My tweeting is a solitary affair - just the way I want it. No really - I love it as a private journal. It's like having little stickies always at hand. I don't carry a notepad and pen, always at the ready to jot down my next great idea, or next rewriting improvement, or next anything really. Even if I did, they're never on hand when I need them. Like when I wake up in the middle of the night. No pad, no pen, - no matter how many I leave on the bedside table. I think a hole opens up in the floor at night and a hand comes out and collects them all. I do - however - have my phone everywhere I go. And, its helpful little light. (Maybe I can use it to catch that hand.) So I just pick it up (my phone, not the hand) and dash off little notes to myself wherever I am - even in darkness - except when I'm driving. As much as I love to Tweet, I am so not ready for wings. Just my luck I'd get horns.

Can I write a novel on Twitter? Of course not. But I can leave myself notes about rewriting one. I'm in my third round of rewriting and I love my private little journal. I've got things like '#sotp char a needs 2 be meaner to char b' or '#sotp expos pg 314 sticks out like meatballs on spaghetti' (couldn't figure out an abbreviation I'd remember for 'meatballs on spaghetti' - mbs on spag, maybe?). Now I don't lose those hundreds of ideas that go through my head that I want to remember but never fail to forget. I use hashtags to keep everything organized.

Who knew? Twitter as a private journal. As long as I don't go over 140 characters, I'm golden. By the way, '#blog 1 on tweets' - done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Luv the feedback!