Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mad, Mad... Or Murder?

Hmmm... I'm having a hard time choosing the fate of a particular character. It isn't that I'm overly fond of him; it's just that I'm unsure which scenario best suits the story. If I murder him, then the heroine is left with an item she's never seen before and a quest to unlock the mystery. If he lives, events build to a confrontation between the two.

Talking - or writing - through it, I can say that the heroine is already on one quest and the one created by the death of the character confuses the story with another one. Or if I'm very clever, I can use it to extend her main quest.

On the other hand, confrontation forces each of them to be honest with the other about the emotional root of their actions. The down side is that when I write dialogue, the characters take over the tale, and I may find the story going in a direction other than the one I've outlined. I promised myself not to pantz this time.

But story rules! So if the characters do pull it in a different direction, the outline will just have to go with it. A post blogged; a decision made. Thanks for listening... er, reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Luv the feedback!